Kangana Ranaut Bollywood Actress
Kangana Ranaut is a bollywood actress. Her first film was gangster in 2006. Ganster was a successful movie. She got many awards including one National Film Award and two Filmfare Awards.
Kangana Ranaut Biography
Kangana Ranaut was born on March 1987 in Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India in a middle class conservative family. Her father Amardeep is a businessman, her mother Asha is a school teacher. She has one brother and a sister. Sister is elder and named Rangoli, brother is one yer younger and named Akshit. Her grandfather was an IAS officer. Her great-grandfather name is Sarju Singh Ranaut.
Kangana Ranaut family is very conservative and do not like to see her dauther as an actress or fashion model. So during the period when Kangana Ranaut is struggling for making her career as an actress her father and other relatives broke the relationship and correspondence. During these period she had financial problem and live only on bread and Achar.
Sister Rangoli Acid Attack
Kangana elders sister name is Rangoli. She had an acid attacked when she was a student of M.sc in Doon valley; and living with her roommate in a rent house since one and half year. One day a man knocked the door her roommate open the door, the man said that he had a courier for Rangoli. Her roommate went inside the house and came with Rangoli. The man thrown acid over them. But most of the acid fell on Rangoli’s shoulder and was seriously burnt. Few drops of acid also burnt her face and her roommate. This incidence happened few days after the engagement of Rangoli.
Childhood and Early Life
Kangana Ranaut was stubborn and rebellious in nature in her childhood. She always challenged the gender discrimination from her parents. According to Kangana if her father would give her a doll and a plastic gun for his brother then she will never accept and questioned about this discrimination. During childhood she never stereotyped; and experiment her own fashion by pairing up accessories and clothes that would seem bizarre.
Kangana Ranaut got high school education from DAV High School in Chandigarh. She was a good student. Her family insisted her to become doctor. But she failed in a unit test of chemistry in 12th Grade. So she decided to change her career and did not appear in All India Pre Medical Test, though she had studied for that test.
- Real Name : Kangana Ranaut
- Date of Birth : 23 March, 1987
- Birth Place : Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India
- Zodiac Sign : Pisces
- Religion: Hindu
- Hobbies : Yoga,cooking and listening music
- Age : 27 years
- Height : 5'7"
- Weight : 53 Kg
- Occupation : Actress and Model
- Education : DAV's High School and college from Simla
- Debut movie : Gangster
Career as an Actress and Model
After deciding that she will not become doctor, at the age of 16 she shifted to Delhi. Her parents especially her father did not agree with her decision and stop financial support. In Delhi she is not sure that which career is suitable for her. She was offered for modeling by Elite Modelling Agency and she took on few modeling assignment. Kangana Ranaut did not impress her modeling career. She thought that modeling career has no scope for creativity. Then she shifted her focus from modeling to acting and joined the Asmita Theatre Group. In this group she was trained by director Arvind Gaur. She participated in many plays of this theatre. She is also a trained Kathak dancer, and learning to sing. Then she shifted to Mumbai and lived in a flat. In September 2005 she met a Film-maker Anurag Basu, who signed her for his movie ‘Gangster’. This movie released in 2006.
Marriage and Husband
Kangana Ranaut is un-married. She said that she has no plans for marriage because she is much busy with other priorities in life. In a group interview she told reporters that marriage is about companionship and commitment and she has no such plans, she likes to be alone. She don’t need any company a lot. She likes cooking, dancing.
She also said that her character in movie ‘Revolver Rani’ is such that after watching this movie no one will be ready to become her husband. Her sister Rangoli advised her no to sign this film because in future she will face problem in marriage.
Four names are being taken as her ex-boyfriends. Aditya Pancholi, Adhyayan Suman, Ajay Devgn, Nicholas Lafferty.
- Aditya Pancholi was Kangana Ranaut’s first boyfriend when she was just 18 years old. He was a married man and twenty years older than her. They live together for three years. But due to aggressive nature of Aditya Pancholi this relationship has broken.
- Adhyayan Suman was second boyfriend of Kangana Ranaut. Adhyayan Suman was the son of actor-producer Shekhar Suman. They met during the shooting of film Raaz2. This relationship do not go longer and split friendly. Adhayan Suman took a unilateral decision to breakup this relationship for professional reasons.
- Ajay Devgn was third boyfriend of Kangana Ranaunt. Ajay was the husband of film actress Kajol. They met during the shooting of their film Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai. Gradually Kangana become more emotionally attached with Ajay Devgn. But Ajay Devgn had no intention to leave his wife for Kangana Ranaut. So this relationship is also broken.
- Nicholas Lafferty was fourth boyfriend of Kangana Ranaut. He was 28 years old and an UK based doctor and scientist. But this relationship not maintained longer and broken up.
Kangana Ranaut Movies
Upcoming Movies 2015 and 2016
- Tanu Weds Manu 2 (Hindi) Release year: 2015
- Power (Hindi) Release year: 2015
- Mr. Chalu (Hindi) Release year: 2016
- Dhamal 2 (Hindi) Release year: 2016
- Gangster: Emran Hashmi, Shiney Ahuja, Kangna Ranaut, Gulshan Grover
- Woh Lamhe.. : Shiney Ahuja, Kangna Ranaut, Shaad Randhawa
- Life In A.. Metro: Shiney Ahuja, Shilpa Shetty, Sharman Joshi, Konkona Sen Sharma, Kangna Ranaut, Irfan Khan.
- Shakalaka Boom Boom: Bobby Deol, Celina Jaitley, Upen Patel, Kangna Ranaut, Asrani, Anupam Kher.
- Fashion: Priyanka Chopra, Kangna Ranaut, Arjan Bajwa, Mugdha Godse, Arbaaz Khan, Harsh Chhaya.
Raaz - The Mystery Continues: Emran Hashmi, Kangna Ranaut, Adhyayan Suman.
- No Problem: Sanjay Dutt, Akshaye Khanna, Kangna Ranaut, Anil Kapoor, Sushmita Sen, Paresh Rawal.
- Knock Out: Sanjay Dutt, Kangna Ranaut, Irfan Khan, Gulshan Grover, Sushant Singh, Asif Basra.
- Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai: Ajay Devgan, Emran Hashmi, Kangna Ranaut, Prachi Desai, Randeep Hooda, Imran Hasnee.
- Kites: Hrithik Roshan, Kangna Ranaut, Barbara Mori, Kabir Bedi, Anand Tiwari, Yuri Suri.
- Miley Naa Miley Hum: Kangna Ranaut, Neeru Bajwa, Sagarika Ghatge, Chirag Paswa.
- Rascals: Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgan, Arjun Rampal, Kangna Ranaut, Chunky Pandey, Satish Kaushik.
- Double Dhamaal: Sanjay Dutt, Arshad Warsi, Jaaved Jaaferi, Ritesh Deshmukh, Aashish Chaudhary, Mallika Sherawat, Kangna Ranaut.
- Ready: Salman Khan, Asin Thottumkal, Arya Babbar, Paresh Rawal, Mahesh Manjrekar, Akhilendra Mishra, Kangna Ranaut.
- Game: Abhishek Bachchan, Sarah Jane Dias, Boman Irani, Jimmy Shergill, Gul Panag, Shahana Goswami, Kangna Ranaut.
- Tanu Weds Manu: R. Madhavan, Kangna Ranaut, Jimmy Shergill, Ravi Kishan, Ejaaz Khan, Rajendra Gupta.
Tezz: Anil Kapoor, Ajay Devgan, Kangna Ranaut, Zayed Khan, Boman Irani, Mohanlal.
- I Love New Year: Sunny Deol, Kangna Ranaut, R Madhavan, Prakash Raj, Manoj Joshi, Tannishtha Chatterjee.
- Rajjo: Kangna Ranaut, Paras Arora, Mahesh Manjrekar, Prakash Raj, Jaya Prada, Tanushree Chakraborty.
- Krrish 3: Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, Vivek Oberoi, Arif Zakaria, Kangna Ranaut, Shaurya Chauhan.
- Shootout At Wadala: John Abraham, Anil Kapoor, Ronit Roy, Siddhant Kapoor, Kangna Ranaut, Tusshar Kapoor.
- Ungli: Sanjay Dutt, Emraan Hashmi, Kangna Ranaut, Angad Bedi, Randeep Hooda, Neil Bhoopalam.
- Revolver Rani: Kangna Ranaut, Vir Das, Piyush Mishra, Zakir Hussain, Sanjay Singh, Deana Uppal.
- Queen: Kangna Ranaut, Rajkummar Rao, Lisa Haydon, Mish Boyko, Jeffrey Ho, Guitobh Joseph.
Kangana Ranaut Awards
- Best Female Debut in Global Indian Film Awards for movie Gangster in 2006.
- Best Actress in Asian Festival of First Film; movie gangster in 2007.
- Best Female Debut in Bollywood Movie Awards; movie gangster in 2007.
- Best Female Debut in Filmfare Awards; movie gangster in 2007.
- Best Female Debut in International Indian Film Academy Awards; movie gangster in 2007.
- Most Promising Newcomer – Female in Screen Awards; movie gangster in 2007.
- Superstar of Tomorrow – Female in Stardust Awards; movie gangster in 2007.
- Best Female Debut in Zee Cine Awards; movie gangster in 2007.
- Breakthrough Performance – Female in Stardust Awards; movie Life in a.. Metro in 2008
- Best Actress in Supporting role in Bollywood Hungama Surfers’ Choice Movie Awards; movie Fashion in 2009.
- Best Supporting Actress in filmfare Awards; movie Fashion in 2009.
- Best Supporting Actress in International Indian Film Academy Awards; movie Fashion in 2009.
- Best Supporting Actress in National Film Awards; movie Fashion in 2009.
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role in Star Guild Awards; movie Fashion in 2009.
- Best Supporting Actress in Stardust Awards; movie Fashion in 2009.
- Best Actor – Female(Jury) in The Global Indian Film and TV Honours; movie Tanu Weds Manu in 2012.
- Actor of the year 2014 in NDTV Indian of the Year Awards.
- Beauty of the Year 2014 in Vogue Beauty Awards.
- Best Actress in Indian Film Festival of Melbourne; movie Krrish 3 in 2014
Nominated For Awards but Not Won
- Best Actress in Global Indian Film Awards; movie Gangster in 2006.
- Best Actress in International Film Academy Awards; movie Gangster in 2007.
- Best Supporting Actress in Screen Awards; movie Fashion in 2009.
- Best Actor in Supporting Role – Female in The Global Indian Film and TV Honours; movie Once Upon a Time in Mumbai in 2011.
- Best Actress – thriller/Action in Stardust Awards; movie Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai in 2011.
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Female in Zee Cine Awards; movie Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai in 2011.
- Best Actor – Female (Popular) in The Global Indian Film and TV Honours; movie Tanu Weds Manu in 2012.
- Best Actress in International Indian Film Academy Awards; movie Tanu Weds Manu in 2012.
- Best Actress in Screen Awards; movie Tanu Weds Manu in 2012.
- Best Actress in a Leading Role in Star Guild Awards; movie Tanu Weds Manu in 2012.
- Best Actress – Comedy/Romance in Stardust Awards; movie Tanu Weds Manu in 2012.
- Best Actor – Female in Zee Cine Awards; movie Tanu Weds Manu in 2012.
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role in Bollywood Hungama Surfers' Choice Movie Awards; movie Krrish 3 in 2014.
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role in IBNLive Movie Awards; movie Krrish 3 in 2014.
- Best Supporting Actress in International Indian Film Academy Awards; movie Krrish 3 in 2014.
- Best Actress (Popular Choice) in Screen Awards; movie Krrish 3 in 2014.
- Best Villain in Screen Awards; movie Krrish 3 in 2014.
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role in Star Guild Awards; movie Krrish 3 in 2014.
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Female in Zee Cine Awards; movie Krrish 3 in 2014.